Issuance of Your Forklift and/or Order Picker Licence
Upon successful completion of our order picker or forklift driver’s training courses, you will obtain a Nationally Recognised Licence.
The Units of Competency we offer at The Operator School are:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLILIC0004 Licence to operate an order picking forklift truck
*Licences are issued in Queensland but are recognised nationally. Whether you complete your order picker or forklift course in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth or elsewhere, the assessment requirements are the same.
Forklift and order picker licences (otherwise known as tickets) are classed as High Risk Work Licences. They are photographic and renewable every 5 years.
Listed below is the procedure for the issuance of your forklift/order picker licence:
1. Assessment Summary and Statement of Attainment
Candidate Assessment Summary (Government Paperwork)
Your Candidate Assessment Summary (CAS) will be issued to you by email on satisfactory completion of your practical assessment of your order picker or forklift driver’s training course. This is normally done within 24 hours but under Legislation, your Assessor does have up to 5 days to issue this paperwork. You will need your Assessment Notification Number (ANN) when you lodge your application online. The number is located the top left hand corner of the Candidate Assessment Summary.
Statement of Attainment
It is our normal business practice that your Statement of Attainment is emailed to you (within 30 days).
You are legally allowed to operate a forklift /order picker in the workplace
Once you have passed your training course assessments and you have been issued with your Candidate Assessment Summary.
2. You must lodge your application for your high risk work licence online within 60 days
You must lodge your application for a licence, online with www.worksafe.qld.gov.au within 60 days of the issuance of the Candidate Assessment Summary (CAS).
If the paperwork is issued but misplaced by yourself within 60 days, paperwork is re-issued with original dates (you do not get extra 60 days).
At 61 days, if you have not lodged your licence application, you are no longer legally allowed to operate a forklift (or order picker). You will need to be re-assessed.
Depending on how overdue the licence application is, you may be allowed to retake the mandatory challenge tests. There is a $350 fee for this service. However, if several months have elapsed since you undertook your assessment, you may have to complete the whole training process again and pay the cost of a full order picker/forklift drivers training course. Please discuss this with us if you find yourself in this situation.
3. Online application
You will need:-
- A valid email address
- Assessment Notification Number (ANN)
*Number is located from the top left hand corner of the Candidate Assessment Summary
- Your QLD Driver’s Licence, proof of age card, marine licence or industry authority card
- Your credit / debit card to make payment (BPay also available)
- Application Fee for each licence class is $100.10
- A step by step to applying for a licence online can be found here (details can also be found on the back of your Candidate Assessment Summary)
* We suggest you staple the receipt from the online application for your licence to your Candidate Assessment Summary as proof of lodgement. You can show this to your employer and any WHS Inspector that comes on-site.
Your order picker or forklift licence should arrive in the mail at your postal address within four weeks. More complex applications (i.e. when other licences are also being renewed at the same time) may take longer. If you have applied for two licence classes — forklift and order picker — both classes will appear on one high-risk work licence.
For further information relating to the issuance of order picker/forklift licences, contact us.